How do you measure the success of your event? It is difficult to design a tangible and reliable measure of event success. However, the growth and advancement of technology has enabled event managers to assemble an array of highly accurate, knowledge-based data to determine whether or not an event was successful.
Eventtia has summed up the top five ways technology can help measure event success:
- Event Apps
- Social Media Metrics
- Artificial Intelligence
- Audience Engagement Tracking
- Marketing Automation
1. Event Apps: They enable guests to receive event notifications, individualize calendars based on sessions they plan to attend, and efficiently register for and check-in to events. 86% of event attendees rate an event app as one of the top three features that made for a more enjoyable experience. This means it is an easy win for your guests and a tangible database for you.
2. Social Media Metrics: Event analytics tools illustrate the number of page views, unique visits, ad impressions and posted comments leading up to and during your event. Creating a hashtag is a simple way to monitor mentions and the tone of comments made during and after your event.
3. Artificial Intelligence (AI): Chatbots are used more and more for registration and customer service assistants for events. Based on the assistance attendees seek from these bots, they are able to provide unique insights on potential problem areas that may have been overlooked otherwise. This will help to recognize patterns, trends and segmenting consumers based on preference.
4. Audience Engagement Tracking: Eye tracking technology enables a device to become aware of what the user is interested in. Starting with your website’s landing page, you can track the focus of visitors and see, from your users view, what is attracting the most attention. Furthermore, you can track how much time people are spending on your page, which links receive the most clicks, etc.
5. Marketing Automation: Little effort is required to send mass customized follow-up emails without sacrificing quality post event. With the ability to break your audience into targeted segments, you can easily send tailored emails. Also, with the help of marketing automation, you can see how many generated leads were converted to customers and why.
Technology can help ease difficult and tedious assignments. Stay updated on new tech and learn which ones suit your management style and event goals best.
To read the full article, click here.